On behalf of the Arcus Innovation Institute, we are pleased to invite you to participate in our Monthly Breakfast Panel Discussion with 8-10 senior executives in Toronto. The panel is a series of peer-to-peer discussions with senior executives about challenges they face with innovation and change management. It is designed to allow senior executives to share and learn about the latest in innovation management from peers in an informal setting. Please register below or call Merril Mascarenhas at (416) 710-2727 if you may have any questions.
- Panels are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month 7:00am – 8:30am in Toronto on topics polled by participants
- A summary of discussion and follow-up onsite presentation on best practices to your team
- Invited organizations include: GE, Siemens, Schneider Electric, ABB, BASF, Syngenta, Bayer, Monsanto, SCIEX, NovoEnzymes, J&J, GSK, P&G, Novartis, 3M, Allergan and others.
Theme : How Canadian subsidiaries of global companies can successfully innovate and grow.
- Lead Moderator: Mr. Merril Mascarenhas, Managing Partner, Arcus Consulting group
- Guest Moderator: Mr. Ricardo Moreno, Global Marketing Manager, DuPont Canada
- Time: 7:00am – 8:30am
- Location – A participating organization in Toronto
Canadian subsidiaries present an interesting set of decision and process challenges for organizations. On the one hand there is the search for the classic balance between the degree of control that needs to be exercised by the parent over its subsidiaries and the degree of independence that needs to be provided to them and between standardization of the systems and processes across the organisation and local adaptation at the subsidiary levels. On the other is the question how does the parent place systems and processes which will assure them that “downstream performance” of the subsidiaries reflects the same values, ethics, controls and processes as at the parent board level. Ineffective and excessive oversight can result in subsidiary failures. We will share, discuss and learn about how participants manage similar challenges and navigate decisions and processes to deliver results.
- Managing innovation with scaled back resources, budgets and head counts
- Challenges with reduced empowerment in decisions in Canada vs. head office
- Business model innovation beyond product to improve customer engagement and sales
- Motivation and development of top talent amid limited opportunities
Lead Moderator: Merril Mascarenhas, CMC, Managing Partner, Arcus Consulting group
Merril Mascarenhas is a Research and Strategy Consultant and Managing Partner at Arcus Consulting Group. He is a Certified Management Consultant and Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner. Merril has directed a number of projects aimed at helping organizations develop people, process and growth strategies and reorganize for improved effectiveness and operations capabilities. He is passionate about bringing fresh thinking to all business issues. He has advised senior executives at some of world’s greatest companies such as – J&J, Mercedes Benz, Procter and Gamble and GlaxoSmithKline.
Guest Moderator: Mr. Ricardo Moreno, Global Marketing Manager, DuPont
Ricardo brings over 15 years of global experience in business strategy, marketing strategy, business development, entrepreneurship and sustainability. He currently holds the position of Global Marketing Manager at DuPont, a Fortune 100 company. Ricardo is multicultural, having lived in six countries and travelled to more than 20. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, a graduate degree in Environmental Management and an MBA from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Registration form for panel